Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oprah!

Did anyone watch Oprah last week? She was interviewing a man that had a show called "What would you do?" He set people up in certain situations to see how they would react. In one episode they had an employee refuse to serve an arab woman in front of costumers. They wanted to see how the customers would react. The employee and the arab woman acted all day. Very few people said anything at all to stand up for the woman. Only one woman asked to speak to the manager. They set up situations such as this multiple times and I was shocked to see that barely anyone stood up for the victims. It made me think about what I would do if I was in a situation like that. I hope that I would be brave enough to stand up for people's rights but I honestly don't know what I would do. This episode connected with our class in many ways. It showed ways in which people can say the words and make a difference. I wish we had time to show it in class it was really inspiring!

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

This is great! I have to see if I can find it online.

:)